- Interview with Dr Adrian Bowyer, the creator of the RepRap 3D Printer
- The Mathematics of 3D Printing
- 11 Reasons why Schools need 3D Printers
- 3D Printing a 3D Printer
- How to change the battery on an IP54 digital caliper
- Off Topic – not 3D Printing Related
First Ever 3D Printing Retail Store Launched
Wow, this is the next step for 3D Printing.
The ability for anyone to go into a retail shop and purchase a 3D Printer.
Makerbot announced their new store a few days ago. It is situated in New York and has opening hours similiar to a normal shop.
From their article:
Visitors will have the unprecedented opportunity to experience the MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer, live and in-person. Stop in to watch MakerBots at work, learn about 3D design and 3D printing, and leave with an authentic MakerBot-made gift for you or someone you think is cool enough to have it.
It will be easy to get more help
To me the most exciting thing about a retial store is it will be easy for the public to get help with their 3D Printing.
Unfortunately 3D Printing is still at ‘enthusiastic amateur’ stage. While there is a lot of information on the web about 3D Printing, there seems to be a lack a readily available content telling you how to fix problems with your printer or your prints. Of course there are many wikis and IRCs, but still, being able to go into a shop and talk directly to someone about your printer is a real plus to the industry.
I’m not the only one excited though!
Well done Makerbot
So yeah, well done Makerbot for taking the next step in the industry.
I hope this retail shop is the first of many throughout the world.
- Company creates software that they say stops the 3D printing of Guns
- U.S. Copyright Czar Applauds Six-Strikes, Warns Over 3D Printing Piracy
- Is the 3D Printed gun any good?
- 3D Printed gun taken down by US Authorities
- 3D Printed Guns
- Interview with the 3d Printing fractal artist unellenu
- New tool gives structural strength to 3D printed works
- Adelaide man launches unique 3D Printed Jewellery Kickstarter
Follow on Twitter
3D Printing sitesRepRap 3D Printer Component Suppliers
RepRapPro - the site of the RepRap creater
Full Service Printing Bureaus
3D Print (UK)
3D Printing Directories
Explaining the Future
About 3D Printers