- Interview with Dr Adrian Bowyer, the creator of the RepRap 3D Printer
- The Mathematics of 3D Printing
- 11 Reasons why Schools need 3D Printers
- 3D Printing a 3D Printer
- How to change the battery on an IP54 digital caliper
- Off Topic – not 3D Printing Related
Acme Design Monolith 3D UV Polymer printer
Benjamin Paul from Acme Design.co contacted me and asked me to put up some info about a recently released photopolymer printer called the Monolith.
At $9950 it is not a cheap option but since Veloso’s printer has all but disappeared off the map perhaps this is a decent alternative?
|Build envelope||16.88” x 9.5” x 33” (X, Y, Z)||429mm x 241mm x 838mm|
|Build speed||1.12” per hour (Z height)||28.4mm per hour|
|Resin (build material) price||$2.14 per cubic inch ($61.88/lb)||$2.14 per 0.016387 litres ~ $130.54 per litre|
|Introductory price||$9,950 US||about the same in AU dollars|
The Monolith was intentionally designed to be free of preparation software. This will allow the end user to choose the software that best fits their needs – from expensive professional solutions, to free open-source options. The choice is theirs. Simply supply the Monolith with the layer images (jpeg, png, etc.) stored on a USB flash drive, select the project from the onscreen menu, and it will take it from there. No host computer required. We’ve also designed it to be free of proprietary material cartridges, because nobody likes to be locked into expensive “ink” cartridges.
My name is Benjamin Paul, and I am the designer/creator. Our new website is: AcmeDesign.co, and we’ll be adding more photos, info, etc. as soon as we can. To kick-start the release, we’ll be offering a very limited number of units for presale, at $9,950. Free shipping. 1 Gal UV resin included.
The Monolith represents 2 years of hard work, and expensive R&D. I’m hoping it will shake things up in the 3D printing realm, and open new doors of creativity.
If any readers get access to one I would love to get some reviews.
Thanks lads and ladies.
- Company creates software that they say stops the 3D printing of Guns
- U.S. Copyright Czar Applauds Six-Strikes, Warns Over 3D Printing Piracy
- Is the 3D Printed gun any good?
- 3D Printed gun taken down by US Authorities
- 3D Printed Guns
- Interview with the 3d Printing fractal artist unellenu
- New tool gives structural strength to 3D printed works
- Adelaide man launches unique 3D Printed Jewellery Kickstarter
Follow on Twitter
3D Printing sitesRepRap 3D Printer Component Suppliers
RepRapPro - the site of the RepRap creater
Full Service Printing Bureaus
3D Print (UK)
3D Printing Directories
Explaining the Future
About 3D Printers